SLEEP DISORDERS & INSOMNIA
In this section, we include a neurotech for a variety of sleep conditions. This includes such conditions as sleep apnea or insomnia as well as technology for sleep monitoring. The category of the device will help distinguish this. Diagnostic tools and treatment tools are listed here.
There are a variety of applications which are listed below by category. Prior to considering any new therapy, treatment or device, a proper evaluation should be conducted by a knowledgeable medical professional. There are health, medical and financial risks. Out of pocket costs and available insurance coverage for any treatment must be considered prior to starting a protocol. Also, it is key to understand that results and applications will vary depended on symptom and function limitations related to the condition. If you find something of interest, please contact the vendor directly to find a trained professional in your area.
Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) is an approved therapy for the treatment of insomnia. To find a tDCS specialist in your area, click here for a search from our partners at Neuromodec
Support Organizations & Resources
- Find a Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation specialist with this search tool provided by Neuromodec
- National Sleep Foundation – Sleep experts and others affiliated with CSAPs join the National Sleep Foundation’s efforts to promote healthy sleep and to reduce the effects of sleep disorders.
- American Sleep Apnea Association – A resource for education, services, peer-support, research and advocacy for people living with sleep apnea.
- National Institutes of Health– Coordinating government-supported sleep research, training and education of sleep disorders and disturbances of sleep, including such conditions as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia, parasomnia, jet-lag syndrome, and disturbed biological and circadian rhythms.
- Sleep Guide– This is a forum started by individuals who have sleep apnea and want to provide a friendly, open and inclusive forum to discuss anything and everything related to sleep apnea.
- Nestmaven– Sleep Apnea: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and more.