Check out the latest commentary about neurotech and Parkinson’s disease. This quick and simple read can be found here.
Deep Brain Stimulation is a treatment approved for the symptoms related to Parkinson’s Disease. To find a Deep Brain Stimulation specialist in your area, click here for a search from our partners at Neuromodec
Resources & Support Groups
- Find a Deep Brain Stimulation Specialist with this search tool provided by Neuromodec.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation: An organization with a national presence in Parkinson’s disease research, education, and public advocacy.
- NeuroChallenge Foundation for Parkinson’s: A non-profit organization providing services at no charge for people living with Parkinson’s disease. They strive to achieve their mission by providing people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers A Better Approach to Parkinson’s.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation: A foundation dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s today.
- The Parkinson Alliance: A not-for-profit organization in partnership with The Tuchman Foundation. It was formed to foster philanthropic activities to raise funds for the most promising Parkinson’s disease research that will help find the cure.
- Family Assets: Long-term care for Parkinson’s disease resource provided by the business, Family Assets.
- NINDS Parkinson’s Disease Information Page: A comprehensive resource about Parkinson’s disease provided by the National Institutes of Health.
- Young Onset Parkinson’s Exchange (YOP-X): An app for those living with early-onset Parkinson’s disease. Available for free from Parkinson’s South Australia & Northern Territory.
- WikiSTIM.org– a free searchable database of published research with a specific listing of research for deep brain stimulation.