Check out the latest commentary about neurotech and Parkinson’s disease. This quick and simple read can be found here.
There are a variety of applications which are listed below by category. Prior to considering any new therapy, treatment or device, a proper evaluation should be conducted with a knowledgeable medical professional. There are a variety of symptoms from PD such as sleep disorders or tremors. Be sure to review those other symptomatic conditions as well.
There are health, medical and financial risks. Out of pocket costs and available insurance coverage for any treatment must be considered prior to starting a protocol. Also, it is key to understand that results and applications will vary depended on symptom and function limitations related to the condition. If you find something of interest, please contact the vendor directly to find a trained professional in your area.
Deep Brain Stimulation is a treatment approved for the symptoms related to Parkinson’s Disease. To find a Deep Brain Stimulation specialist in your area, click here for a search from our partners at Neuromodec
Resources & Support Groups
- Find a Deep Brain Stimulation Specialist with this search tool provided by Neuromodec
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation: An organization with national presence in Parkinson’s disease research, education and public advocacy.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation: A foundation dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s today.
- The Parkinson Alliance : A not-for-profit organization in partnership with The Tuchman Foundation. It was formed to foster philanthropic activities to raise funds for the most promising Parkinson’s disease research that will help find the cure.
- Family Assets : Long-term care for Parkinson’s disease resource provided by the business, Family Assets.
- NINDS Parkinson’s Disease Information Page: A comprehensive resource about Parkinson’s disease provided by the National Institutes of Health.
- WikiSTIM.org– a free searchable database of published research with a specific listing of research for deep brain stimulation.